Bluesil™ Silanol Fluids
Solution for adhesives, coatings, sealants
These polydimethylsiloxane fluids are linear polymers with reactive, terminal silanol groups. They are clear, water-white, tasteless and odorless. The approximate viscosity of the fluid is designated in the product name. They are used in a wide range of applications where silanol reactivity provides condensation cure.
Silanols are useful in adhesives, coatings, sealants, etc., where reactivity and cost-effectiveness are critical.
- Lower viscosity fluids can be used as plasticizers in silicone elastomers, as base polymers for silicone water repellents and as hydrophobizing agents in treating silica or other fillers.
- Low and medium viscosity fluids are effective in textile and paper coatings.
- Medium viscosity fluids impart water repelling properties and softness to natural textiles such as cotton
fabrics and paper. More permanent water repellency can be obtained by curing-in-place a coating of a
medium viscosity silanol fluid with a functional silane.
- The higher viscosity fluids are recommended for formulating silicone condensation systems used in sealants, adhesives, coatings and other room-temperature vulcanizing systems.
Silanol Fluids are useful intermediates in the manufacture of
- Paper coatings
- One and two part silicone room temperature vulcanizing (RTV) sealants and mold making compounds
- Silicone foams
- Organofunctional siloxane polymers
Silanol Fluids can also be reacted with organic formulation ingredients.
Bluesil™ 48V Silanol Fluids – Available Viscosities
- Low to medium viscosity- V750, 1,000, 1,500, 2,000, 3,000, 3,500, 5,000, 6,000, 10,000, 14,000. Used for emulsion manufacturing polymer production, and other specialty applications.
- High viscosity- V20,000, 50,000, 80,000, 135,000, 350,000, 550,000 are primarily used for sealant or polymer manufacturing
Download our Brochure
Discover the full range of Elkem Silicones Core Products by downloading our Brochure. You will find in this document: Bluesil™ PDMS Oil DiMethyl Silicone Fluids, Bluesil™ Silanol Fluids, Methyl Hydrogen Fluids, D4/D5 Fluids-Cyclomethicones, Silicone Emulsions, Bluesil™ Silicone Gums, and Silicone Sealants