Cyclosiloxanes (D4 and D5)
Cyclosiloxanes, or cyclic siloxanes, are basic raw material members of the broad family of silicone materials. These low viscosity basic silicones are clear and odorless and often used as intermediates in the production of silicone rubbers, gels and resins. Cyclosiloxanes also are used as minor ingredients in silicone formulations for industrial and personal care applications, functioning as carrying agents and wetting agents. In Personal Care applications, these products are referred to as cyclomethicones.
- High Spreadabilty
- Non-greasy feel
- High surface activity
- Low-temperature fluidity
- As an intermediate in the production of silicone rubbers, gels, resins.
- As a chemical intermediate in the production of polishes, detergents, cleaning solutions, paper coatings, etc.
- Process aids
- Personal care applications such as antiperspirants, skin creams, lotions, hair products, etc.
- Dry Cleaning
- D4 (Octamethylcyclotetrasiloxane) contains four repeating units of silicone (Si) and oxygen (0) atoms in a closed loop, giving it a “cyclic” structure.
- Industrial: Tetramere D4
- Personal Care: Mirasil™CM 4
- D5 (Decamethylcyclopentasiloxane) contains five repeating units of silicone (Si) and oxygen (0) atoms in a closed loop, giving it a “cyclic” structure.
- Industrial: Pentamere D5
- Personal Care: Mirasil™CM 5 and Mirasil CM5 HP.
Download our Brochure
Discover the full range of Elkem Silicones Core Products by downloading our Brochure. You will find in this document: Bluesil™ PDMS Oil DiMethyl Silicone Fluids, Bluesil™ Silanol Fluids, Methyl Hydrogen Fluids, D4/D5 Fluids-Cyclomethicones, Silicone Emulsions, Bluesil™ Silicone Gums, and Silicone Sealants